Thursday, February 27, 2014

W.39 Bistro & Bakery


W.39 Bistro & Bakery
Good Morning, came all the way to the west side just to try this cafe! 
Well not really, I happen to be around the central so decided to go somewhere further for some brunch!
It was pretty simple to get to here, just take a bus from Clementi & drop off a few stops after the row of shophouses opposite (it's on the right side towards the kfc direction).
& I think the owners has a cat too it's always around the door area


 

Some old school food on the counter hahahah
Ouuhhh ahhhh the cakes selection, I spy rainbow cake!

Okay, I haven't checked out the prices of the food here but I was a little surprised that it was a little towards $20-ish for the main dishes (those that was not under the Set Lunch) 
So we decided to take the set instead since it's more for value!
Some lemon tea to cool myself down

-----
First up, soup of the day!
It was some sort of mashed potato soup, really thick like mashed potato 
It's like too dry to be called soup but too watery to be mashed potato hahaahaha
Don't get me wrong it's my first time tasting soup like these, pretty unique and I quite like it too!
It comes with 2 little bread pieces which was so good with the soup!
It goes really well!! Yum Yum!



Next, our Pan-Fried Salmon ($21.90)!
Mashed potatoes topped the the pan-fried salmon, tossed with a side of salad!
Very neatly presented! I would say the salmon was pretty good!
You could taste that it was a little fried on the side but you can still taste the fish,
you know how some places they fry the entire fish and it just feels so oily, but this wasn't so bad! 
It's a little different rendition from the usual smoked salomn from other cafes,
Okay but I admit I prefer grilled salmon more >.<


Next , the Macaroni & Cheese ($18.90)
Served hot & defintely a must-try for the mac & cheese lovers!
Some ham & shrooms topped with generous amount of cheese
Personally not a big fan of mac & cheese but I am sure this is pretty good!


Last of all, we ended the lunch with Carrot Cake ($6.80)
We contemplated for awhile before choosing this, deciding to get the rainbow cake or not.
Decided to go for something richer, like this instead!
It was well, okay but not the best I have tried.

Overall, I would say this cafe price range can go pretty steep,
Lunch sets are more affordable but not to worry there is also sides dishes or even salad here as well!
The ambience in the afternoon was good, it was spacious, definitely a place for a group of friends to gather or even for corporate lunch with colleagues!
The exterior was painted in a  blue with yellow, looking just like a bakery shop, kind of reminds me of Gardenia Bread loaf! hahahaha.
-----
The weekend menu looked really yummy, might pop by for a second visit for their weekend breakyy!!
What's your favorite dish here?


39 Jalan Mas Puteh
Off West Coast Road
Singapore 128637










No comments:

Post a Comment