Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Suki-Ya (Plaza Singapura)


Suki-Ya

As you all would have already know there is an extended side at Plaza Singapura, which offers a wider range of eateries like Hoshino Coffee, Ambush, Dome  and retail stores such as Uniqlo and Gap etc..
So my initial plan was to have some spaghetti from Ambush because their salmon spaghetti is really quite awesome ;) but I walked past this place and boy it smells really good, I guess that's usually the case with steamboats, they smell so good.


Pic below credits to Suki-Ya facebook page


So it was dinner time and we had the $21.90 meal for 100 minutes.
First, we get to choose the soup, there is 4 types of soup: Kimchi/ Shabu Shabu/ Tonyu Miso/ Sukiyaki
We choose Kimchi & Shabu Shabu.
& we also had to choose the meat, we took Beef and Chicken.
this is the healthy bar where there is all sorts of vegetables... 
Honestly, I find this section quite disappointing I mean there doesn't seem to have any seafood besides all the different types of balls & veg, meh
there is also a section where there is noodles as well, from Udon to maggie noodle and the glass noodles and rice...
-----
So this is what the pot look like after we add the ingredients in
   
Yes, I know, basically after we taste a bit of the soup, I was even more disappointed...
The kimchi soup does not even taste like kimchi? I don;t even know what is that, diluted, yes.
Shabu Shabu soup was a little salty for me as well....
---
Let's talk about the meat, to be honest, I didn't know their serving of meat was quite generous,
we ordered Beef & Chicken, hoping that maybe it will be just one tray of beef & the other tray of chicken..
But boy I was wrong, they gave us each 1 trays of beef and chicken each (yes, crazy much?)
So technically, we have 2 tray of beef and 2 tray of chicken...
I know they want to serve their customers generously, but really? 
We are girls and we don't eat that much, so my advice is, if you are thinking of coming here, you might want to tell the staffs directly how many trays you want instead, it's too much for 2 trays of meat per person.
What I enjoyed most is the Cheese Balls, it really oozed the nachos-cheese kinda filling once you bite it!

Overall Verdict:

I might not want to come over for a 2nd visit anytime in the near future.
The selection of the food was pretty limited and the fact that they have this rule of: Non-wastage food is a major turn-offs (additional 20% on top of the bill), I rather spend the same amount of money at Bugis for steamboat.
---
Just to share my experience, we took a little too much maggie noodle and you know how maggie noodles are, they soaked up the soup and they look like a huge chunk of leftovers & dang, we are CHARGED WITH WASTAGE OF FOOD, so yeap, additional 20% charged to our bills.
It may just be my bad luck but honestly, there is nothing much special about this place that will make me come again. -__-

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment