Sunday, October 20, 2013

MU PALOUR

MU. PALOUR

Happen to pop by Holland V so decided to go up for some tea!
I love how it looked, mono color decor on the outside~
(took the interior but it was kinda blur,opps so visit for yourself!)





So here's what we ordered!
-----
1. Raspberry Tart ($8)
2. Carrot Cake ($6)

1. Raspberry Tart

A pretty velvet red triangular shaped  tart"cake" caught my eyes






The cross-section of the Raspberry Tart!
Bascially it's a chocolate mouse cake, tucked in between with a layer of raspberry compote and a layer of rich choc nearer the bottom part of the tart/cake.
Quite a unique taste, for the adventure seeker!
I'll suggest this with some hot tea to accompany. as it can be a little too sweet for me after awhile
-----

Next up, the Carrot Cake!


A classic cake that we would usually order
It's moist and good with the cinnamon taste,
but just a bite & you know how it's too sweet.
Quite a disappointment, I mean how can carrot cake fail us :(
I suppose the cream cheese was a little too sweet & we were not serve any water,
so we had to scrap it away....& eat the parts without it

-----
So let me share my experience:
When we stepped in, no one entertained us, we even had to take the menu from a nearby table.
It's our first time here, so we did not have any idea whether we are suppose to find a seat first or to wait for the staff to usher us. So we waited, but we eventually found a seat and got the menu from the nearby table
It was only after we seated down a while that a staff approached us to inform us to order from the counter....
I felt rather shortchanged I mean we did pay for service charge right?
-----

That aside, I would say located at the 2nd floor is definitely a happier pace to be.
If you seat beside the window seat, it's pretty enjoyable! ^.^
You get to overview the little streets and a good place for people watching to spend the lazy afternoon away.. 
It was raining heavily the day I went, but I liked how I get to feel the sky a little nearer to me (:
Didn't get to try any of the drink though.

-----
Overall, it was not a place that I will visit any time soon,
No doubt the ambiance is a plus , but personally felt that they lacked the service a little.
Just a opinion, but still a place you can hang out with maybe for buunch?
Saw some of the neighboring platters of fries & burger look quite delish to me!
-----
hahahahahahaha






1 comment: