Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Awesome Cafe


My Awesome Cafe

Hey there, been busy working which explains why this space has been much neglected, but don't worry I have more new cafes to share with you guys!
-----
Yes, this time it's all about the greens~!
It's been awhile since I last ate a decent salad, miss the ones at amoy oh god.
Hopped over to Telok Ayer for some awesome dinner!
Pretty interesting concept eh?
Yes, you've probably would have walked right past this cafe without even realising it is actually a cafe to begin with! 
Okay so here is the menu, it's a really old school/ vintage kinda cafe.
& ironically they don't serve chinese food.
the interior of the cafe, the rustic look
& the old school tables, and the napkins were carefully folded like calligraphy papers!
Oh how I miss my secondary school days
& now after we order our food, as usual I'll walked around the shop floor tryna take pics to show your guys, I always appear like some weirdo taking pic of everything haha don;t judge me.
Now pick a glass, they have it in all shapes & sizes!
& of course, fill you glass with some water!
hahaha yes, this is the water dispenser! how cool, looked like some ancient holy water or sort eh?
& here is where they prepare the salads~!
Yes, the bread & pudding is tempting me so badly, ughhh
they look so chewy and good 
more brownies & Bread&pudding~
It cost about $4-5 per slice, it was pretty steep imo, for the small slice of pastry~
Decide to give it a miss cause we were too full after the salad.
Yes, we were actually feeling really full after the salad!
-----
So here is the MY AWESOME SALAD ($15.00)
It was an incredibly large bowl of salad!
Lotsa greens packed with lotsa proteins too
Quite amazed at the generosity and portion given
We had a hearty meal indeed!
Breaking it down: 
How awesome is this, so good! You name it they have it!
Well maybe if they offer eggs to replace one other protein will be even better!
I am sucker for having eggs in my salad!
-----
The place on a weekday was not too crowded, a good place to unwind,
Especially so if you are working nearby the CBD Area.
It is conveniently located near Amoy Food Centre/ Telok Ayer MRT station as well!
Hope over for your daily greens & eat clean!
Makes me feel healthier altogether!
-----
Another commendable thing about this cafe is that even the toilet are decorated, at least I see some efforts even in the toilet.
not sure if it was originally like that but the basins tap was like some old school pipe & I actually didn't know how to use them *face palm* so I ended up washing my hands at the nearby basins (normal) tap. Din't manage to take photo cause my phone wasn't with me. 
Go have some fun at the tap in the toilet yeah!
---
What's more they operate till late on most days!
A good place to chill after work for those working at he CBD area!
Staff was pretty friendly as well! Good job! :)

xx


202 Telok Ayer
Mon-Tue: 7.30am to 9pm
Wed-Fri: 7.45 to 12am
Sat-Sun: 10am to 3pm

No comments:

Post a Comment