Friday, December 13, 2013

Toby Estate Singapore



Back with another awesome cafe that I want to share with you guys!
Really love this place, really peaceful and quiet compared to town area etc.
I mean especially on a Friday, where everyone just goes like TGIF dinner date with their friends...
Where you gotta queue and eat in a noisy environment.

Well, here is it:


Okay honestly, I was like oh okay so here is it & I was wondering why it was so empty
& thinking to myself cause it's probably not 7pm yet~

the view where we sat, looking through the glass window~
   
they serve all day breakfast & took us awhile before deciding what to get...
eggs bene/ eggs royale/ french toast/ toby grandola...
 
the wall where they sell their coffees and tea and even some mugs and t-shirts~

----
So here is what we ordered:
First up: Toby's Breakfast $18.50

you can choose either poached or scrambled eggs, decided to go on scrambled eggs.
Quite a generous portion of eggs/ bacon stripes/ tomatoes/ sauteed mushrooms/ a slice of brioche!
I love the little herb that is swirling on top of the eggs! idk what that is but sure is rlly flavorful!
I was honestly feeling quite full after eating half the portion! the bacon was a little tad salty
but for the generous portion it's really reasonably priced!! Thumbs up!
-----
Next, D ordered Eggs Royale $16.50
It looked really exquisite, like how there is a yellow veil across the smoked salmon don't you agree?!
the presentation of it looked really interesting too!
If you're someone who digs at poached eggs give this a try!
not too heavy just the right amount to make you feel full!
look it's so yummy the salmon with the eggs~
I am really starting to fall for these salmon + poached eggs combo~
If you have read my blog post previously on SPR MKT cafe, I have blogged about another Eggs Royale which is really yummy too.
presentation wise, Toby win hands down, taste is quite similar but their choice of bread/bun is different!! Both of them is really worth a try!!
Trust me! ;)
-----
how it looked when we left... yes it's really good place for some h2h talk/ dates or simply a place to have your own serenity while enjoying a cuppa of coffee or food 
-----
Overall verdict:
Highly recommended foodie by yours truly~
really I mean they serve all day breakfast plus you don't have to worry about being in a too nosiy environment and long waiting queue~
their food was pretty good too! I know they are famous for their coffees but it was about 7pm & I didn't want to have a sleepless night so I didn't try it but I am sure it's one of the reason why many coffee-goers come here!
& it's nett priced again!!! whee what you see is what you pay!!
Not the most convenient place but definitely worth the time to search for!
It is definitely a hidden gem not to be missed~
-----
& we walked around after that~
What a pretty view, I guess that's the idea with December.
Lotsa of pretty lightning around Sg // they should do this all year round.
I know, it's wasting electricity~


Toby Estate
8 Rodyk Street (Robertson Quay)



No comments:

Post a Comment