Sunday, December 8, 2013

Plain Vanilla - Yong Siak Street



Yes, I am back with a PV post! ;)
I am in love with their store over at Yong Siak Street, I really gotta share this place with you guys!
It's's a place I'd want to hang out with your friends for some tea & pastries!
Or even a place for individual to grab a magazine & have some muffins  with tea ^^

A really cozy place, don't you already feel the Chrismasy spirit?!
Wreaths for deco & for sale
heh can you spot cinnamon sticks on the Xmas tree~?
Sucha cute idea
Look these cakes are to die for~!
I can't even decide which.... *drools*
& hey, it's their birthday~!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY PV!!

Decided to get our favorite again: Hummingbird Cake
Credits: PV FB Page
hahaha sorry about the spam of carrot cakes photos yeah
---
Okay, anyway I have blogged about The Hummingbird before, see here
Basically it's really flavorful, thick, rich  moist.
Hummingbird taste very much like carrot cake if you are wondering what it is all about
But I'll recommend you to share this with a friends or 2, cause it's quite a big slice~
See the sliced pineapple thing on top~
---
& Since it was freshly baked, we got Blueberry Cake
It's really shaped like a pretty sunflower, so pretty~

Credits: PV FB Page

ouhhh look its blueberries on the bottom and on top of the cake!
   

   
Personally find this cake a little plain, meh~
I was expecting it to taste really heavenly but I guess, it more of like a simple butter cake with generous blueberries on top and bottom~
Maybe they should come up with blueberries & lemon flavour, cause I do know that blueberries itself does not bring much flavour on it's own, but it still looked rlly pretty no doubt!
-----
Overall Verdict: A Must Try Place (yummy cupcakes with great ambience!!)

Honestly, I did had a hard time deciding which to eat 
Spoilt for choices from cupcakes, cakes, tarts, tea cakes and even brownie!!??
It's definitely a girl's version of what heavenly comfort food is all about~
---
& I was so determined to have some cupcakes to takeaway but I was feeling so bloated,
I couldn't even move~
Please don't get me wrong, these pastries are Awesome!
& they are really generous with their serving! 
A big plus point & considering how the quality is good as well~
Their cupcakes are rlly good too ^^
---
2 girls with 2 cakes, is really one of a kind experience & especially so after we ate out lunch~!
I am not even joking, cakes does make you feel full
---
So I'll recommend you to get a cake and maybe some tarts/ muffins to share instead of 2 cakes
Which is really gonna make you really bloated & too sweet after awhile~
-----

Look how creative is this~
you just gotta buy a jar, add your own milk/eggs stir these in & bake it~ 
fuss free eh!
they even have a section where they sell cards, coasters, little books.
perfect or gifting this coming Christmas~

Paid $14.40 for both slices, totally worth it.
The Ambience was really good, especially with those wooden furniture & open siting concept was really cozy!!
Loving this place, definitely coming back to try more of their stuffs!

xx

1D Yong Siak Street, Tiong Bahru Estate

No comments:

Post a Comment