Wednesday, December 11, 2013

SPR MKT





Back to the CBD Area,
It's quite comforting to know that there is still some quiet cafes out there waiting to be explored,
Don't we all need a peaceful place to rant our thoughts while enjoying the sumptuous food
without having the need to queue & dealing with noisy environment which I experienced with most cafes~


GO Green with Menus on the Chalkboard!
Pretty simple deco, that encompass both dinning & a kitchen ware shopping experience
Heard that this dessert is pretty popular, but we decide to have mains over sweets~
Here's what we had:



1. Sausages & Mash ($16)
had quite a hard time deciding what to get for my dinner, 
the Eggs Benedict, Breakfast Set and Wed Special Pork Burger caught my attention,
But I decide to go for something not too heavy so I got Sausages & Mash!


You can choose either Pork or Beef for the sausages~
Of course, I decided to get one of each.
---

I ate the salad first, which is pretty okay not too much dressing on the salad,
I like my salad light~
& I really gotta mention that their pork sausages was really flavorful! Really delicious!
As for the beef, it's good as well, but beef naturally tend to be more dry than pork.
so I would prefer the pork for being just the right moist level~
---
Mash potatoes below, was somewhat like a garlic & herb rendition, 
unexpectedly flavorful as well!
Loving this dish & it's not very heavy for dinner & the pork is one of the better sausuages I have ate~!

& Here's to the BEST TRUFFLE FRIES with Kelp ($12) !!!


It really has that truffle aroma & it wasn't too cheesy as compared to Lola's cafe's version!
For the same price, I will definitely go for this one instead~
Definitely not to be missed!
I am not even exaggerating, I saw some guy walked in alone, scrolling his smart phone (as usual), with just a basket of truffles fries in front of him just like that~
I think this is evidently enough how good it is~!!

YUMYUM~ I heart truffle fries!!
We heard it is also one of the popular dishes here that every one orders!
Which is pretty true, I do see a basket of fries at every table!!
-----
3. Eggs Royale ($17)
J got this, nothing could go wrong with eggs (mostly)
hehe, it was poached eggs with salmon cushioned with a bun below!
& Damn it was good! the salmon and the eggs and the bun complemented well.
The salmon was a little buttered so it was taste just right  if you eat them with the bun/salad!
(the picture does not do justice for the food!!)

there's just something about poached eggs, don't you agree?


& that's all for the night, what a place for some peace & yummy food~
-----
-----
Overall, it's not the cheapest meal you can find but it is definitely one of the must go places!
Really, it's ambiance and the comfort how how yummy simple food can be.
I will definitely come again, for the truffle fries!!
Well the mains are pretty up to standard too, it's worth the price we paid~
A place for couples or and small group of friends, if you prefer seating outdoor, there is a few tables as well~
One thing I felt they could change could be the doors,
it's not an automated door, so please be considerate when you come in the cafe, please also remember to close the door behind you as you come in okay!
If not the noise from the outside can really dampen the mood from the inside...

-----

A really good find for some quiet in the mist of the CBD area~!
Give it a try you'll know what I mean! ;D
Best part, it's inclusive of GST!! so what you see is what you pay.


2 McCallum Street (very near to Amoy Food Centre)
Mon to Fri: 8am to 9pm
Sat: 9am to 4pm



No comments:

Post a Comment