Sunday, November 3, 2013

TAMPOPO

Tampopo

You know how we all get the blues kicking in on every Sunday night?
I bet you get what I mean, I mean come on it's only a sleep away to Mundane Monday, Boo.
-----
But that's beside the point, Sunday is a day I get to pig out!
Which means eating good which translates to being happy :D
-----
So introducing to you : TAMPOPO!


First & foremost, my camera phone kinda sucks & the picture taken below may not even do justice to the quality of the food.
The cutlet are much more golden brown than brown brown. If you get what I mean..
----


Tonkatsu is a Japanese dish which is basically a kind of breaded deep-fried pork cutlet!
My sis intro me to this place, honestly I was quite skeptical intially..
I mean how good can tonkatsu get? Even though it's located at Takashimaya right?
Nevertheless we decided to head over for brunch!

1. Tampopo Tonkatsu Ramen (S$16.80)

& Boy it was good  Awesome!! No wonder it's one of the chef recommended dishes!!

---
Look at the OHSOCRISPY TONKATSU!! ^^ *drools*
it's really crispy & brown! Not too dry nor oily!
You can even feel the crunch when you take a bite, not even kidding 


A close-up of the cutlet!
The Cutlet was amazinggggg!! Just look how evenly it is fried!
The meat & the skin comes off quite easily, I suppose that means the meat is pretty fresh yes? no?


-----
I am not a big fan of Ramen but this is one of the Best Soup + Ramen Combi I ever had.
The soup was not spicy at all! Although it was supposedly to be "hot" (2 chillis rating).
I can be quite particular about having too salty ramen base, this bowl beow was just right!
Not too salty nor was it overpowering spicy ^^
it's quite chewy too!
& believe it or not I finished the entire bowl of ramen!! (Serving portion is considered medium to big!)


----
The special sauce to dip the pork slices!!
I guessed the sauce has a little vinegar taste to it, simply put it's quite the usual dipping you get if you go Sushei Tei or just typical Jap restaurant!
I like the idea of pouring my own sauce & then dipping it.
Save the trouble for the waitress & I can have as much or as little sauce I want, depending on your personal preferences! 


------
2. Chicken Tonktsu Curry Set ($20.30)

She had Chicken Breast Tonkatsu Rice. The picture quality sucks :(
Her set was pretty awesome too!
Look there's the curry with eggs! & slices of watermelon at the side.
Not forgetting a generous portion of the chicken meat!!
It was so crispyyy! & yummy!

-----
Waited for about 20 mins for the food to be serve even though it was during a non-peak hour..
We came in at about 3pm, I would say it's a little slow given the shop was not at all crowded..& 
I felt that they need more staffs? came in to see quite a few table in a mess, uncleared~
But definitely one of a place you would want to come back again for the tonkatsu!
Thumbs up for the yummyy part! ^^

  • 391 Orchard Road #B2-33 Ngee Ann City


No comments:

Post a Comment