Friday, November 29, 2013

NamNam Noodle Bar



It's TGIF once again, what a long week this is.
Well honestly don;t you think, every weekday always seems so far from the weekend?
Head over to Wheelock to try the highly raved pho.
---
I've read books before, Vietnamese specialty is to have a piping hot bowl of pho.
& this particular pho was said to be of  Saigon's Style.
Just a brief background for those who are clueless, Ho Chi Min was formerly known as Saigon.
Saigon is said to be land of the dragon~ (old folklore stories)

From where I was seated. Though the queue was pretty long when we came at about 7pm-ish, 
but the queue was moving considerably resonable.
   
rustic looking cups & sauces
---
First up for the dessert of the day: Sweet Potato Net Balls ($2.90)

   
This was the special dessert of the day, so we decided to have a go.
Initially I was just kinda disappointed at how small it was, I mean it's almost a dollar fifty for one stick right?!
But it really took me back by surprise! A close up view, it's really crispy and sweet! 
Fried Sweet Potato filling omonmom
---
What I had in a glance~
---
Pho Beef Combination ($9.90)
---
this is really good for first timer like me to try this.
It has the different kind of beefs in here.
From Beef Slices to beef balls to chicken chunks & some other peculiar ingredients...
---
Clear soup base, not too salty nor oily.
Looked really presentable with the large green bowl.
It's something light if you are looking for something affordable and filling, try this!
---
Okay so here is this weird looking meat? I guess, it's somewhat like fish maw (in chinese: yu piao)
texture is a little harder than sea cucumber~
---
& this is one of my favorite, beef balls! heheheh I love these as well as the beef slices!
but opps didn't manage to capture the close up of the beef slices~
(but well the beef slices are behind the balls if you can spot it)
but if you are wondering they are a little similar to yoshinoya's kinda beef!~
& at a glance....
---
Verdict: 
The ambiance was okay to chit chat but I guess anywhere in Town is crowded on a Friday night.
So no doubt for Nam Nam was too, since there was a waiting queue outside.
But food was served quite fast, which is definitely a plus point I mean who would want to queue and wait even longer for their food right?
Oh yes, the price stated is also net price! wheee but make sure you order/ pay at the counter first!
Generous amount of meat & noodles too.
---
I would say eat this when you have some serious beef craving! 
This place is worth a try but not fantastic, but I will definitely come back to order the Pho Beef Balls, cause that's my fav!
 & maybe give the sandwich a try too.
---
Oh yes, almost forgot they had this beverage called the Lotus Tea ($2.50) which is pretty bland with a tinge of lemony taste... So if you arehopping for something sweet to drink this is definitely a no-no.
-----
Overall, a humble meal indeed!

Nam Nam Noodle Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment